Feeling the winter blahs yet? What better way to change your mood than to spend an evening listening to live music and viewing interesting art in downtown Sarnia during the February 7th First Friday Cultural Walkabout. While downtown, you can enjoy a tasty bite to eat at one of the many restaurants or coffee houses and do a bit of shopping as well. You are very likely to find the perfect Valentine Day gift for that someone special in your life.
First Friday Cultural Walkabout happens the first Friday of every month, all year round. Remember parking in the municipal lots is free after 6:00 p.m. nightly and free all day on weekends (no parking on city streets or municipal lots after 2:00 a.m. all winter).
- Judith & Norman Alix Art Gallery – 147 Lochiel St – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. – 2 new exhibits opening: Meryl MacMaster “Confluence” and “Inaabiwin” works by Scott Benessiinaabandan, Hannah Claus, Tanya Lukin Linklater, Meryl McMaster & Gret Staats. Both exhibits on display until May 3rd.
- Lochiel Street between Christina & Front streets – will be closed from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. to demonstrate a proposed – Pedestrian-Only Street Pilot Project – Please visit city representatives at this location and share your ideas on this topic
- Artopia Gallery & Framing – 188 Christina St N – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. – brimming with new original work by: Shane Norrie, Joyce Iacono, John Lightfoot. Complimented with new ceramics!
- Petite a la Carte – 170 Christina Street N. – Art by Bill Walters, Lynne Brogden and Chantal Simon plus new work by Lynne Kenneith Brogden
- Downtown Market – 140 Christina St. N. – 4:00 – 9:00 p.m. – Over 15 pop-up vendors – Henna tattoos with The Painted Cat – Elle & Cat Grand Opening – Piquette Frozen Meals with a special feature – photo booth by JNC Creative with proceeds to CMHA. Events continue on Saturday, Feb. 8th – 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Cheeky Monkey – 130 Christina St. N – 7:00 -9:00 p.m. – live in-store music with Beer Store Money. ‘Coastal’ art show & sale by W.A. Walters continues until mid April
- Cowboys & Indians – 121 Christina St. N – Open until 9:00 p.m. – Works by First Nations Artists
- The Lawrence House Centre for the Arts – 127 Christina St. S – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. – Lambton College Arts Collective Exhibition Opening – Work by Pottery, Photography and Drawing Students and Instructors also a special Lambton College Open Stage featuring Poetry, Storytelling and Music with an International Flair. Lambton College President’s Awards Presentation at 7:00 p.m.
- River Bank & Co. – 172 Front Street N – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. – Welcoming cake artist Jen Fulcher of House of Cake Baking Co. as a new vendor! New year, new vendors, new art, new locally made goods!
- One Tooth – 155 Front St N – 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. – Live Music By the talented Demi Krall. Covers & Originals
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 62 – 286 Front St N. – 8:00 p.m. to midnight – Music and dancing featuring Wanda and CountyLine. Everyone is welcome
- Insignia Hotel – Legacy Dining Room – 283 Christina St N – 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. – live band CD/DC
- The Tin Fiddler – 146 Christina St. N. – 10:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. – Live music
- Ups N’ Downs – 226 Front St N – 9:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. – live music with Dan Butts
- Blue Line Pub & Lounge – 180 Front St. N – 7:00 – 11:00 p.m. – live music with Dixon